Inspired by Mario & Luigi! Now that Fall is upon us, I like to cook things that remind me of the comforts of home. Super Mario Bros. was a game, my brother and I would play for hours as kids. It was especially fun during the holidays when all of our cousins would come over and we would have mini-tournaments to see who could either get the furthers in the game or score the points. Mushrooms won’t necessarily make you grow as they do in the video game, but they are packed with nutrients that may help your body be more powerful and fight off bugs that are floating around during this colder season.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb of fresh mixed mushrooms (slice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chives
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch Smoked Paprika (optional)
- 1/2 cup of cream
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms, chives, garlic, and onions until tender.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, and 1 can broth until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture.
- Stir in the remaining can of broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; stir in cream. Simmer, uncovered, until flavors are blended, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add smoked paprika for garnish and taste
Inspired by https://www.tasteofhome.com