It’s like Avocado Toast…but not.
- 3 lbs wild mushrooms, such as maitakes, chanterelles, hedgehogs, or morels
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil; more as needed
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 5 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. cognac
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sprig rosemary
- 2 sprig thyme
- 1/4 cup Chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/4 oz. shaved Parmesan
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp cloth or a paring knife to remove any dirt or dark spots. Cut off any tough stems. If the mushrooms appear muddy, quickly dip them into a large basin of water and drain.
- Heat a 12-inch ovenproof skillet until very hot. Add olive oil and fresh mushrooms. Cook, while stirring frequently, over high heat until mushrooms release their liquid, about 10 minutes. Add the shallots, garlic, and rehydrated mushrooms. Cook until liquid has evaporated. Add broth, cognac, butter, salt, pepper, and 2 sprigs each rosemary and thyme. Transfer skillet to the oven and roast, stirring twice, for 30 minutes. Stir in remaining herbs.
- Serve warm on toasted bread with Parmesan curls.