- ½ English cucumber peeled and seeded
- 2 pounds very ripe red tomatoes chopped
- ½ large red bell pepper stemmed and seeded
- ¼ small red onion rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves finely grated
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs for garnish
- Toasted bread for serving
- Finely chop ¼ of the cucumber and set aside for garnish.
- Peel remaining cucumber, and transfer to a blender. Add the tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, cilantro, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Season to taste and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve the soup with the reserved diced cucumber, fresh herbs, drizzles of olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, and toasted bread.
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.