Vegetarian Stuffed Butternut Squash
Are you aware of the nutrient facts of butternut? I recommend reading this to anybody who loves butternut. As a chef I always love to try different recipes with butternut and as a result of that I give this super nutritious butternut squash recipe which is perfect for weeknight meals or holiday gatherings.
- 2 small butternut squash
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 cups of cooked porcini mushrooms
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp galangal black sesame
- 1 tsp four spices
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 380°F.
- Wash the butternuts and cut them in half. Remove the seeds.
- Arrange the halves in an oiled dish or covered with a silicone sheet
- Bake for 30 minutes. Stick a
knifeblade into the flesh after 30 minutes. If it is not melting, extend the cooking for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in one and a half volumes of lightly salted water.
- Also brown the cooked mushrooms
- Add the spices (4 spices and galangal, black sesame) then the cooked rice. Mix everything and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Hollow out the butternuts a little.
- Mix the removed pumpkin flesh with the rice and porcini mushrooms. Adjust the seasoning (add salt and pepper if necessary).
- Fill the butternut halves with the filling you have prepared
- Serve and enjoy with a nice green salad