VEGAN NIGERIAN BOLI
- 4 ripe plantains
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt optional
- Ground chili powder or paprika optional, for added spice
- Preheat your grill or barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Peel the plantains and slice them lengthwise into halves or quarters, depending on the desired size.
- Lightly brush the plantain slices with vegetable oil to prevent sticking to the grill.
- Optionally, sprinkle a pinch of salt or ground chili powder/paprika on the plantain slices for added flavor.
- If desired, you can wrap each plantain slice in aluminum foil to create a pouch, which will help retain moisture and promote even grilling. This step is optional.
- Place the plantain slices directly on the grill or barbecue, or place the aluminum foil pouches on the grill.
- Grill the plantains for about 8-10 minutes on each side until they become tender and caramelized, with grill marks.
- If using aluminum foil pouches, open them carefully to avoid steam burns.
- Remove the grilled plantains from the grill and let them cool slightly before serving.
- Serve the Nigerian Boli hot as a snack or side dish.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS: Calories: 180 | Total Fat: 5g | Total Carbohydrates: 40g | Dietery Fiber: 3g | Protein: 1g