(Cooking Time: 40 minutes \ Preparation Time: 10 minutes\ Servings: 3)
If you are looking for a delicious perfect vegetarian recipe for dinner, then this recipe is for you. It is simple, but flavor-packed tagine with pumpkins, potatoes, and chickpeas. This is a perfect way to use your leftovers to make a high-zinc healthy meal.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 175.2g
- Fats: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 35g
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- ½ pound of peeled tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 small turnips
- 1 small sweet potato
- 3 cups of pumpkin, with the skin
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 ½ cups of cooked chickpeas
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 slice of fresh squeezed ginger
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 10 dates
- 1 handful of whole almonds, blanched
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Wash and peel all the fresh vegetables. Cut the carrots, turnips and sweet potato into large chunks or large cubes. Remove the filaments from the pumpkin and cut it into slices. Chop the onion.
- In the casserole, brown the chopped onion, the pressed garlic and the ginger in the oil. Add the spices by coating them in the oil for a few minutes then add the peeled tomatoes.
- Arrange all the fresh vegetables in the casserole dish, season with salt and pepper and add hot water to cover the vegetables. Close the lid and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Brown the almonds in a dry pan for a few minutes. Rinse the chickpeas thoroughly. In the casserole, add the raisins, dates and almonds, as well as the chickpeas. Simmer over very low heat for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Arrange the vegetables on each plate, distributing the dates and almonds. Drizzle with cooking broth.
- Serve and enjoy your dish!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.