(Cooking Time: 10 minutes Preparation Time: 10 minutes Servings: 2)
Are you aware that people who have a high intake of fruits and vegetables appear to have a lower risk of cancer? Kale is one of the highest nutritional leafy foods that offer a variety of health benefits.
Kale is fiber-rich and also contains antioxidants and vitamins. This kale salad is super simple to make and cashews and chickpeas dressing is making it perfectly healthy.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 149g
- Fats: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 16g
- 2/3 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp honey (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch of ground pepper
- 1 bunch kale, midribs removed, leaves finely chopped (about 2 litres/8 cups)
- 1/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated into strips
- 2 apples, sliced (about 750 ml / 3 cups)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Sprinkle the cashews with 180 ml (3/4 cup) of water. Cover and let soak overnight.
- Pour the cashews and their soaking liquid into the bowl of a blender. Add lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey and salt. Pepper. Blend until smooth – you should have about 330 ml (1 1/3 cups) of dressing.
- In a large bowl, place the chopped kale and cover with hot water. Leave to soak for at least 1 minute. Drain and squeeze the kale to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Return to bowl. Add chickpeas, carrot, apples, avocado, goat cheese (if desired), dried cherries and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with cashew vinaigrette. Stir to coat the ingredients. Serve on a serving platter.
- Enjoy your dish!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.