- ½ pound of dry pasta
- ½ of small cubed eggplant
- 2 Cups of cremini or button sliced mushrooms
- 3 Minced and divided garlic cloves
- 1 and ½ cups of vegan marinara sauce
- 2 Cup of water
- 2 and ¼ teaspoons of sea salt more
- 1 Teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Rinse your eggplant and dice it into small cubes
- Put the eggplant in your sink and sprinkle it with salt; then set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the eggplant and dry it with a clean towel.
- Put a saucepan over a medium heat and add 3 tbsp of olive oil to your eggplant with 1 minced garlic clove.
- Add ½ teaspoon of sea salt and stir very well; then sauté your ingredients for about 5 minutes or until it becomes golden brown. Stir in the mushrooms and cook it for 2 more minutes. Set the ingredients aside.
- In your saucepan, add the water, the pasta, the marinara sauce and the remaining garlic cloves.
- Add 1 and ½ teaspoons of sea salt with 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Boil the mixture and set it aside to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Adjust your seasoning and add salt and herbs
- Remove the pasta from the heat and top it with the mixture of the eggplant and the mushroom; then add the parsley or the basil
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.