- Baking dish or rectangular cake pan
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 cup of ground almonds
- 1 cup of rice flour or wheat = we will be more on a softness than a fondant brought by the rice flour
- 1 cup of blond organic cane sugar / coconut sugar or whole muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 cup of apple compote
- 1 ½ cups of plain almond plant-based yogurt or plain stirred yogurt
- 2 drops of bitter almond flavoring
- 1 tsp vanilla flavor
- 15 plums
- A few slivered almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Prepare a baking dish or rectangular cake pan by greasing it or lining it with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground almonds, wheat flour, sugar, and yeast. Mix well to ensure even distribution.
- Add the apple compote to the dry mixture and stir until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Next, add the plain almond plant-based yogurt or plain stirred yogurt to the mixture. Stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the bitter almond flavoring and vanilla flavor to the batter. Mix well to enhance the aroma of the chutney.
- Carefully fold in the diced plums into the batter. Gently stir to distribute the plums evenly throughout the mixture.
- Pour the chutney batter into the prepared baking dish or cake pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the slivered almonds on top of the chutney batter for a delightful garnish.
- Place the baking dish or cake pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once the chutney is baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes.
- Once it has cooled slightly, you can cut the chutney into squares or desired shapes.
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.