Zucchini Flower Fritters
- 35 zucchini flowers
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 21 cup of cold water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of parsley optional
- Olive oil
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper or mixed berries
- Thoroughly clean the zucchini flowers with your fingers, they are very fragile, and they must be handled delicately.
- Avoid passing them under water so as not to damage them too much.
- Make the fritters dough
- Mix the chickpea flour, with ½ cup of water and a pinch of salt.
- You can also add chopped parsley for an original touch
- Put a good amount of olive oil in a large frying pan and heat (Beware of the smoke point).
- Start soaking the flowers and put them one at a time in the hot pan
- Do not add too much otherwise they may cool the oil.
- When they are crispy, turn them over
- Place them on absorbent paper.
- If there are a lot to do, put them in the oven at T°1 (30°) so that they don’t cool while you fry everything.
- Otherwise they can be eaten very well warm.
- Once everything is cooked, divide between plates and season with pepper and salt
- Serve and enjoy your zucchini flower fritters
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.