VEGAN NIGERIAN DODO
- Frying pan or skillet
- Kitchen towel or paper towel
- 4 ripe plantains peeled and sliced diagonally
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Heat vegetable oil in a
frying panor skillet over medium heat. Make sure there is enough oil to cover the plantains.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully add the plantain slices to the pan in a single layer. Fry them in batches if necessary.
- Fry the plantains for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Use a
slotted spoonor tongs to transfer the fried plantains to a plate lined with a kitchen towel or paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Sprinkle salt over the fried plantains while they are still hot.
- Repeat the process with the remaining plantain slices.
- Allow the fried plantains to cool slightly before serving.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS: Calories: 190 | Total Fat: 9g | Total Carbohydrates: 29g | Dietary Fiber: 2g | Protein: 1g