- 2 pears cored and diced
- ¼ red onions finely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper finely diced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- Cayenne pepper flakes to taste
For the quesadillas:
- 3 large tortillas
- 2 pears cored and thinly sliced
- For the chutney: In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients for the chutney. Over medium-high heat, cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated. Reserve (see note).
- For the quesadillas: Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the tortillas on the baking sheet. Spread the pear slices on half of a tortilla and spread the chutney over it; then fold in half. Repeat with the other tortillas.
- Bake 3 to 5 minutes; the chutney will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Serve and enjoy your pear stuffed Quesadillas!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.