(Cooking Time: 20 minutes \ Preparation Time: 10 minutes\ Servings: 4)
This is a super delicious Indian-style vegan curry for your meals with cashew and pea. This is one of the legendary curries that are full of flavor and creativity and can be used with plain rice. Traditionally cashew curry is cooked only with cashew nuts, but now it can come up with various combinations like peas. This is really easy to make, but you must have a little patience.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 170g
- Fats: 13g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 9g
- Protein: 5g
- 3 potatoes (rather firm-fleshed)
- 1 bowl shelled peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 handful of cashew nuts
- 1 ½ tbsp of natural tomato purée
- 1 can of coconut milk (about 2 cups)
- 1 level teaspoon of amchoor (mango powder)
- 1 good pinch of chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Fresh coriander for the finishing touch, 1 pinch
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Prepare all your ingredients. Soak the cashew nuts for ten minutes in lukewarm water.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes and brown them in a wok or casserole dish in a little oil with the drained cashews, until they are a little golden.
- Then add the peas and 1/2 glass of water. Cover and cook for 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender enough to insert the tip of a knife.
- Add in the tomato purée and the spices: amchoor, turmeric and chilli.
- Cook for about 5 minutes then add the coconut milk. Season with the salt to your taste
- Mix very well and cook for a few more minutes, without boiling, until the sauce has the desired consistency (I like it creamy).
- If you want a more liquid curry, add a little water. When the curry is cooked, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Enjoy your meal.
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.