- 1 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 1/3 cup cucumbers cut into small pieces
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients well.
- Taste and if necessary add more lemon juice, oil, salt or pepper, according to your taste.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until ready to serve. There may be a buildup of liquid in the bottom of the tabbouleh if it sits too long, just stir again if that happens.
- Enjoy your tabouleh!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.