Inspired by: Delicious Magazine
- 2 head broccoli
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 400g leftover sourdough bread, torn into 3cm chunks
- 100g shelled walnuts, toasted in a dry pan
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g mixed tomatoes, halved or sliced if large
- Handful fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Finely slice the stem of the broccoli, leaving the florets intact.
- Add the sliced broccoli stem in a bowl. Add 2 tbsp oil, the lemon zest and half the juice, the chilli flakes and some salt, then toss to coat. Set aside to marinate.
- Then separate the broccoli florets. Put in a roasting tin with 1 tbsp olive oil. Toss to coat, season with salt, then roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray and add the bread after 10 minutes, ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper and ½ tbsp more oil. Toss together with the broccoli, then return to the oven to roast for 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, put the walnuts, garlic and a pinch of salt in a pestle and mortar or mini-processor and pound/whizz to a chunky sauce. Add the remaining lemon juice to taste, then stir/blend in the remaining olive oil to make a dressing.
- Toss the roasted broccoli and bread with the marinated broccoli in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, then drizzle over the walnut sauce and toss to combine. Divide among plates or serve on a large platter, scattered with the parsley.