Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 butternut squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup Liquid Honey
- 1/3 cup pine nuts lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground sage
- 1 1/2 tsp Organic Ground Cumin
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 tsp roasted ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Brush with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for 35-45 minutes or until tender. Remove the pulp from the squash in a bowl and set aside.
- In large saucepan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and onion; sauté for 3 minutes. Add the squash and the rest of the ingredients, except the pine nuts. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from fire.
- In a blender or food processor puree your ingredients.
- To serve, garnish with pine nuts.
- Serve and enjoy your recipe!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.