VEGAN EGYPTIAN ROQAQ
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Extra flour for dusting
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Gradually add the warm water and olive oil to the dry ingredients. Mix with a spoon or your hands until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into small balls, about the size of a golf ball. Cover them with a damp cloth and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each dough ball into a thin circle or oval shape, about 6-7 inches in diameter. Dust with extra flour to prevent sticking.
- Place the rolled out dough on the prepared baking sheet and prick it all over with a fork to prevent air bubbles from forming.
- Bake the Roqaq in the preheated oven for about 5-7 minutes until it puffs up and turns lightly golden. Flip it over and bake for another 5-7 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Remove the baked Roqaq from the oven and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough balls.
- Once cooled, store the vegan Egyptian Roqaq in an airtight container to keep them crispy.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS: Calories: 80 | Total Fat: 2g | Total Carbohydrates: 14g | Dietary Fiber: 1g | Protein: 2g